Planting of the 2029 trees that offset the carbon emissions caused by the displacements of the 2018/19 season is finished
The Athletic Club Foundation, in collaboration with the Lurgaia Foundation, has completed the process of planting and protecting the total of the 2029 specimens of trees and shrubs planned to offset carbon emissions from the journeys of the first teams, female and male, as well as the Athletic Club men’s second team during the last 2018-2019 season.
Lurgaia has certified this by means of a document specifying the species and the number of specimens:
– Oak (Quercus robur): 1147 specimens.
– Country maple (Acer campestre): 25 specimens.
– Birch (Betula celtiberica): 197 specimens.
– Willow (Salix atrocinerea): 10 specimens.
– Alder (Alnus glutinosa): 100 specimens.
– Ash (Fraxinus excelsior): 68 specimens.
– Rowan of the hunters (Sorbus aucuparia): 90 specimens.
– Hazel (Corylus avellana): 60 specimens.
– Apple tree (Malus sylvestris): 25 specimens.
– Beech (Fagus sylvatica): 39 specimens.
– Pear tree (Pirus cordata): 29 specimens.
– Dogwood (Cornus sanguinea): 50 specimens.
– Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna): 43 specimens.
– Holly (Ilex auifolium): 11 specimens.
– Alder (Frangula alnus): 99 specimens.
– Lime (Tilia platyphyllos): 21 specimens.
– Goat willow (Salix caprea): 15 specimens.
The project has been carried out in the Muniketagana area, Muxika municipality (Urdaibai Biosphere Reserve) and the Athletic Club Foundation organized a planting day together with the ADSIS Foundation, a joint act in favor of sustainability and social inclusion.